PBL Workshops 2019

MAKING PBL PROJECTS EFFECTIVE WITH CRITICAL AND CREATIVE THINKING

With Robert Swartz, Viridiana Barban, Oscar Campo and Pablo Carrion

 

In this workshop series we will show teachers how to re-format the planning of extended Project-Based Learning units through the explicit infusion of key creative thinking skills and critical thinking skills that insure creativity when needed and the choice of the most effective project design based on the use of reliable information and the reliable assessment of projected outcomes.

 

We will show how teachers can make use of the rich classroom methodology of TBL to bring this to their students. Examples of extended primary and secondary projects that draw upon information and principles in science, social science, and literature and the arts, and cross-disciplinary themes, will be displayed and analyzed. Teachers (members of the CTT team) who have developed these projects will explain and model their characteristics for workshop attendees together with a display and discussion of the resources and strategies used in such projects that turn them into powerful learning activities where not only deep understanding of important curricular subjects is fostered but also the development of thinking skills, productive habits of the mind, collaborative work and effective communication, among others.

 

This series of workshops will be carried out in two blocks of two days each, in which the following themes will be highlighted:

  • Review of the TBL teaching framework and techniques that facilitate the infusion of thinking skills in the teaching of curricular content.
  • How to infuse different thinking skills into long-term curricular units.
  • Ingredients and characteristics of quality projects.
  • Cooperative dynamics and productive habits of the mind as facilitators of effective collaborative thinking within a PBL/TBL project.
  • Multi-level learning to ensure inclusion.
  • Project Assessment.
  • Proposal of templates for TBL/PBL project designs.
  • Participants’ design, development, and presentation of PBL/TBL project ideas.

 

We will conduct this workshop with an Interactive methodology, collaborative work and the use of examples of successful projects that will be used as models throughout.

 

Workshop Staff: Robert Swartz, Viridiana Barban, Pablo Carrión y Oscar Campos

 

Important Information:

 

Price: 450€ for series of 2 workshops, materials included.

Financing: You can pay the cost to these workshops in two installments, 30% at the time of booking and the remaining 70% up to a week before starting the workshops.

 

For more information you can contact Paula González at workshops@teach-think.org

 

Place: 

  • Madrid: HECOP Centro de Negocios:

Calle López de Aranda, 35

Madrid 28027

Tfno:913 208 070

www.hecop.es

 

  • San Sebastián: OLARAIN
    Ondarreta pasealekua 24 / Pº Ondarreta 24 · 20.018
    Donostia / San Sebastián · Gipuzkoa
    Tel.: 943 003300
    www.olarain.com

 

  • Schedules:
    • Saturdays: 9:00 am to 6:30 pm
    • Sundays: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm

 

  • Discounts:
    10% for registrations until March 22, 2019.


BOOK NOW

Bookings are closed for this event.